BDA Scotland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is this all about then?

+7
Scottio
Calderjambo
davulture
donegaljambo
Gullucks
fifetojo
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what is this all about then? Empty what is this all about then?

Post  Admin Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 pm

This is only a temporary site to allow us old gits to decide if we want to ressurect the BDA or not. Judging by Friday's mob up I feel that we do.

So, regardless of whether PS3 Scotland goes, stays or transforms; this is our one opportunity to decide on the future and there will be a lot of options: Do we stay on as part of SCO, pretending that we can get on with the majority? do we go it alone and develop our own site (scottish version of the OGC)? or do we operate as a sister site? or forget the whole thing and just mob up whenever?

My opinion is that we try and do our own thing. Create a really good, humourous site where like minded gamers are invited to join and have to prove that they have what it takes to be BDA. I reckon we could have a core of 50 within a few months.

Anyway please speak up.... it's now or never and we'll all be deed soon enough so fuck it - time for rebellion

Mon the BDA

Admin
Admin

https://bdascotland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

what is this all about then? Empty Re: what is this all about then?

Post  fifetojo Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:49 pm

I was always happier when the BDA had a sub forum cause you lot posted more. Breaking away and ailenating good young lads like Jamie or muzz i dont agree with though.

Saying that none of us can be arsed reading any of connors posts, or the constant stream of pish that come from a lot of them.....

I dunno, we'll all get bored of COD again soon enough, then what?

I really am on the fence here....... Sad Sad Sad

Would have written more and better, but the wee guy is on my knee poking my eyes out n shit lol

fifetojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:15 pm

To be honest the best fun I've had when gaming has been with the BDA fraternity and I do feel we lost a bit of the spirit when our clique sub forum was binned.
In addition my recent experience with the younger generation has made me very sceptical of gaming along side them and almost had me contacting my lawyer to start preparing my defence!

I'm all for BDA being a full on entity

least our wee forum won't get held to ransom ......
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  donegaljambo Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:58 pm

The BDA was built on just gaming (correct spelling) and banter without any of the spam posting and shite that creeps in when you have young lads involved. saying that like tojo there is a load of good younger guys who play along with us and sure they would be intrested in an invite ie guys like wulbert who has played along side us many times and is compared to jock a baby.
Like you all I put a lot into ps3scotland and in light of recent developments think that indeed the time is now for a change, be it BDA or a new ps3scotland with the bda involved.to be honest I now want to just game and have a banter with mates and unfortunatly for me thats you auld gits.

Know whats tojo is saying about what happens after cod but if you remeber back we tried a few mob up games ...wipeout springs to mind and recently drake2 an sure on the horizon there will be more .
need something to hapen but think the reformation of the BDA is a must and this is a fantastic start be it our new home or waiting to see where we go ......

sorry heading out on the piss or probably would have sprouted ore keek.

dougie

donegaljambo

Back to top Go down

Post  davulture Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

As I said last night guys, I have to spend roughly 30 hours a week with my two teenage milkboys, so the last people on this earth I want to game with are pee-wee fuds on a friday night, sorry but they completely ruin it. Having said that tho I have to agree with Stu that they are not all bad, some do act with a degree of maturity beyond their years but the majority are arseholes.
We have long been crying out for this since our sub-forum was shut down so whether ps3scotland stays or goes, there is a neccessity for it.

davulture

Back to top Go down

Post  Calderjambo Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Friday night proved it for me. It was just like old times and that has been lacking for quite a while. The later on the gaming went, never laughed so much at gaming in a looooong time !!

As Gary said there is a need for it so that isn't really the question as I think everybody agrees with it (otherwise we wouldn't be here). The only question is how we go about it (being linked to PS3Scotland or going it alone).

Sitting on the fence on what and how it should be done. Only that I will follow you guys as I want more nights like Friday and a lot less of the recent mob-ups and dodgy forum threads.

Playing games together when COD dies shouldn't be a problem. We were looking at this before when we had the BDA forum, talking about future games we were getting. All we would have to do it be more active on that front, looking for the next big Driving game (think fifi mentioned F1) so those who like there driving games we would all get a night sorted for it. We can see almost a year ahead what games are out there and what might catch our eyes and the potentional for group gaming.

Calderjambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Ok now the grandstanding has reached its possibly predictable conclusion at our auld hoose what's our next step.

Do we re-embrace and hope that in future we get some say in decisions of a 'terminal' nature or do we stick to our new abode or maybe even a mix of both

I'm a wee sheep and will follow my BDA buddies

the non consultative events of late have left me a wee bit bitter and maybe with more questions than answers.

Last edited by Gullucks on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo correction)
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  fifetojo Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 am

I said something similar over at the old gaff Dave, but then, coming here to talk about it leaves a bit of a sour taste as well. Dont know what i'm after now.

fifetojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottio Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:11 pm

I agree with just about all that's already been said by you oldies

- Friday night BDA was best for me ... be it a laugh or jumping in to play against others. I have little gaming time and I need to make it count - fun or serious, it needs to be worthwhile and I feel I am getting something out of it.
- Not all the young kids are wankers ... though the vast majority of them are! Wink I would like to see any invite extended to the likes of Wullie or Sy, etc. They seem like the sort of boys you want onboard ... and turn up to the meet-ups.

I think a breakaway isn't that bad an idea. My experience pre-Scotland and BDA was over at AVForums. There was a wee bit of shite going on so some of the older gamers broke off and formed OGC (you might remember I was with them and had to join you to even a COD match). Anyway, OGC Friday nights were fantastic ... RSV mostly ... but it was a bunch of like-minded guys getting together and gaming the way they want to. I moved from OGC to PS3 Scotland cos I thought I would get the same with BDA ... and this was the case until we got absorbed back into the wider pack.

Truth be told, I've been getting together with OGC on occassions with MW2 ... it looks like their numbers have risen since my days with them, so it just goes to show it can be done. They have a few younger members, but they're guys that have proven themselves to be of the calibre they are looking for and not annoying little 360-spin dobbers. Mad

Even if we don't break away entirely, this still seems like a decent place to have our own conversations / moans & groans

Scottio

Back to top Go down

Post  demonpaulo Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm

I'm not really sure where I stand on this whole debate. On one hand it feels wrong to abandon the ps3scotland site, but fif's right when he says this whole debacle has driven a wedge into the community. Are we comfortable there knowing that for whatever reason there's a underlying doubt in turpz's mind that the site will continue? Just the threat of it suggests that the status quo isn't really an option.

I concur with all statements so far, probably been most content when we had our own wee hidey hole, and I don't think anyone could dispute that the best nights we had were BDA only. The attraction of having our own site is compelling.

Because of the good memories, because of the threats, and in no way any desire to abandon our current home, I think I have to proceed with alternative plans. It's been mentioned that there are guys out there that are potential BDA and they are definitly good shouts.

The question in my mind, if we do proceed sown this route, what path do we take?

demonpaulo

Back to top Go down

Post  fifetojo Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Here we are then. There's the option to break away, or stay at ps3scotland, but no-one, including me has bothered to stick there neck out & say they're going or they're staying. I've posted up over there that i'm genuinely pissed off with the whole situation, more of you have got to join me and air your views.

fifetojo

Back to top Go down

Post  demonpaulo Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:50 pm

OK, you've asked for a neck, so here's mine:

When turpz's post first went up I was a little taken aback, but similary not altogether surprised. I offered my help to try to keep the community going, and turpz gave me the keys to the site for situations where that was needed. Since then things have changed a little, and I've taken in a lot of view points since then.

I think quite a lot of the initiatives that turpz has suggested are good. The site was lacking little tourney's etc. to keep the banter and excitement up. However, things are different - you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Things *are* different.

There will be casualties along the way, maybe not everyone will go, but I think we should. And I don't think turpz would be surprised. He may even shut up shop and join us - the BDA is his scene too! Like Scotty said, that's how the OGC came about.

But, like Dave I'm a wee sheep and I'll go wherever my pals go - it's just an opinion.

demonpaulo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Guys
I've had an offline 'exchange of views' with rosco so I could get some stuff off my chest
so despite not doing it publicly stiggy he knows what side my bread is buttered

like the comment above he's expressed a preference to joining us etc etc.

I'll read his response properly when I get home but stu you ain't alone - just wanted to make that clear. I had lots of shit to offload though and didn't want to wash those pants openly on the forum for the weans to see.
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  donegaljambo Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Ok sorry have been so quiet on this.
spoke with doddy and he sugested we see where we would sit with ps3scotland and getting our own forum again etc etc,I was nominee, so sent a message basically asking Rosco about this. this was not me speaking for you lads it was really for me and dodster to see if there was a future still within the ps3scotland community.
Rosco sent message back have paste at bottom so you can all read.
My own feeling are very very mixed. but I am sure that for me anyway the BDA is where my future gaming will be and reading here I thiink most agree, I hope I am not jumping the gun here but are we all decided we want to stick together?
if so do we stay ps3scotland get the bda forum back and get changes we want put in place,
do we stay in out new home recruit new members and start a whole new bda community that we all would have a say in no matter .
It wont be easy either way , ps3scotland is familair to us all but will it be the same now, for me to even say that makes me have doubts, a new site would need us all to pull together and use some effort.

dougie

**rosco reply**
Lo Doog

im with u on the BDA stuff. Its one of the reasons i was wanting to chuck it tbh. Im fed up with all the peewee activity also, The friday night fest went a long way to show that the old guys are still alive. If things did go tits up im sure the BDA would have lived on with maybe even me on board if you'd have had me.

Some of the changes im proposing. About the quad stuff is aimed at giving the BDA guys something to play for and we can have our own platoon again and swap ideas and play together more.

It was not my intention for me to alienate any of the older lads with my posts of late but i had to say what i said enough is enough. Even the BDA guys have been slipping away.

I never wanted to fall out with any of the old brigade but were stuck with a lot of the peewees im afraid and if i have my community head on then i have to accommodate them somehow as well.

Have a think about the quad thread im starting and if we can get it off the ground then aye i can get a BDA platoon forum up again. Dont think it would be right to make it private but at least its a start giving the older guys there own place again.

Id want to be in your squad btw for any quad wars i hope u and mark and fifi feel the same but id game with any BDA tbh i just hope we can get some good squads out the BDA and give these young pups a run for ther money in some games sometimes. If anything the BDA rivalries and wars should priceless.

you can copy and paste this and pm any of the guys ur in talk with. I would not want to go on without the older guys. You guys doing yer own thing would deffo be the death nail for me. As i would wanna come join with you lol.

hope ye understand bud

R

donegaljambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottio Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:14 pm

I guess its decision time then boys:

1 - give The General and his quad proposal a go. With luck, that means also getting a BDA section back

or

2 - start up afresh here and recruit some new blood.

To be honest, we maybe deserve to give Ross one last chance, especially given his preferences lie with us rather than the wee sprogs. I'm happy to do this and play the quads as well as have a BDA FNFF etc going forward. If that all goes tits up, I think we collectively serve our notice and start here ... maybe we keep this alive for now to have our own wee thing anyway as I don't understand why you can't do both ... at least until the dust settles.

Maybe its time for our first vote? Option 1 or 2? For me, I think let's be political & loyal and go for 1 ... if it doesn't work, I'm happy to tell my old school buddy Turpz I'm offski

Scottio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Okay, here's what I'm doing.

Had enough of the politics, arse licking and inane posting on the forum. So, I will be endevouring to set up an independent BDA site, a proper site with no advertising, this was just a temp. Don't have a fuckin clue where to start and this will take time as December is mental for me. Maybe some of you guys want to help??? I will make this happen though...... as before, fuck it.... life is too short for all this crap.

For the record, this is in no way meant to compete with or annoy the members at PS3Scotland and I am not wanting to fall out with anyone, like the others said I to have struck up friendships with a lot of the younger guys and i'm not quitting the forum unless I really have to. Being a member of both shouldn't be a problem for any of you and I'm not making this a big secret. I just want a place where we can speak freely, have a laugh and game the stresses of life away.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  davulture Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, I think that that is the way to go, we do need our own space but it was Ps3 Sco that brought us together and without it there would be no BDA so it has to be given another chance for now. If it all goes tits up over there then we will already be in a good position and standing to go it alone.
New members will have to be vetted, whether they like it or not, as we don't want just any Tom, Jock and Gary joining up.

davulture

Back to top Go down

Post  fifetojo Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Right, i'm just finished send a big spiel off to Turpz. Of all the people on my buddy list there's nobody i game with more than him. Collectively though there's not a bunch i'd rather game with than you lot, and it's seriously unlikely that i'd ever want to go with a drink with many of the other lads other than a small select few. So i do feel a bit stuck in the middle here.

As for ps3scotland, behind turpz i think i possibly had the highest posts per day count, but my commitment to that site is probably broken now, having said that i dont want my gaming compatriots split across two sites. WE ARE the heart of that community over there, and moving house will kill it in my opinion. At least in it's current guise. It may survive with cad-man at the helm, as I’m sure turpz would naturally gravitate towards us.

We do need somewhere private though. An open sub forum on ps3sco just wont cut it. We’ll still get peewees spamming our threads. Let me know what your after doddy and I’ll probably help.

Right, we need to get a logo done, and I’ll get the T-Shirts done. How does £40 each sound? Laughing

fifetojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Stu, all I need is LOTS OF HELP MATE Laughing

I'm a caterer FFS no a computer nerd......... but I have balls......... big hairy balls........but be wary as there are a lot of pussies about .........but thankfully you are a dick........ and dicks fuck pussies ....... and the balls just slap against their arse .....................................................................oh dear ..... off topic already Rolling Eyes

Seriously though I still need all of you to state where your at with this ...... sho's yer baws!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Do we need a shopping list and from that we can see what we can each source or service from it

e.g. Hosting space, domain purchase & registration, construction tools(WTF!), pointy head expertise, bungees, etc

if we know what kind of hosting we are after and the domain then I'll stand that right away assuming the hosting servers we use are suitable for what we need
I've got techies at work that could build something for us but our lot are a bunch of techie weirdos with fuck all common sense and I'd rather not speak to them if it can be avoided. I keep them in the dungeon.

So let's start with a domain. What are we after?
What kind of shit do we need the web space hosting to offer?

Ps can u see my baws from this angle?
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Haven't seen my own for years never mind yours!

suggest we talk at the weekend guys ..... after everyone has posted up their decision.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  demonpaulo Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Well I can help set up the site from the techy point of view - although grandiose Dave and his team of code monkeys will be hard to beat I'm sure. Time wise is a bit of an issue if I want to game as well! Laughing

demonpaulo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 am

Is it worth paying for some pointy heads to get it off the ground and to a point that we Neanderthals can manage it going forward?
I'll investigate the cost and see if I can't make that do a Donsunited (disappear)
that way I can get it away from my prisoners......erm....staff ;-)
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Calderjambo Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

Agree 100% with Scottio, need to sort this out very soon. option 1

We will get the our own forum part and I would guess Rosco would allow it to be private if we wanted it. But it would be good if either Doddy of Dougie can take more control of it (none of this relying on rosco, aldo or whoever into getting our guys access). Happy to help, but just mentioning you pair as this was your baby before.

Calderjambo

Back to top Go down

Post  jockstar Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Post Gullucks Yesterday at 10:43 pm
Do we need a shopping list and from that we can see what we can each source or service from it

e.g. Hosting space, domain purchase & registration, construction tools(WTF!), pointy head expertise, bungees, etc

if i know what all that above was id give you a hand with it,in for a penny as they say and a kick a doddys bollox

i was never one to post much in the ps3 forums when the bda were brought back into the fold wasnt the same for me, iam well please with this tho,place were the banter can flow once again without the wee fannys chipping there 2 bob worth of shit in.i;ll follow the troops were ever we end up as dave says "BDA forever " cheers

jock the cock

doddy the bawbag Laughing Laughing

jockstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum