BDA Scotland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is this all about then?

+7
Scottio
Calderjambo
davulture
donegaljambo
Gullucks
fifetojo
Admin
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what is this all about then? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is this all about then?

Post  fifetojo Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 pm

jockstar wrote: as dave says "BDA forever "

when has he ever said that you blethering auld fool.

It's BDA till i die Sleep

Anyhoo now that jock has been put back to bed..... Domain......it's worth thinking about. PS3 scotland was roughly what i typed into google to find the place (yes i wasnt enlisted by Turpz like so many before me), so plain old bda or bagdadsarmy might not get us many more members other than Iraqi's that cant use punctuation. But maybe we want it that way. Invite only?

Dave, if your lads build a forum from the ground up, how are we gona look after it? Or will they be using something like ravennuke or whatever the feck it is as a basis, and then adding all the fancy twidly bits?

I'm getting way in over my head here. Doddy, you sure you want my help Shocked

fifetojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:57 am

fifetojo wrote:Dave, if your lads build a forum from the ground up, how are we gona look after it? Or will they be using something like ravennuke or whatever the feck it is as a basis, and then adding all the fancy twidly bits?

I'm getting way in over my head here. Doddy, you sure you want my help Shocked

Theyd use an off the shelf starter Id imagine and just build the fucker to our exacting specification - then any minor stuff we could change about ourselves [or break it] - for major overhauls they could jump back in and twiddle.
Not overly comfy with my guys prying into my social life though - they are all under the illusion I'm a normal boss and have no idea about my deviant lifestyle which involves chatting to old blokes on the new fangled electric internet
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  demonpaulo Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:41 am

I don't think there's a need to expose your deviant ways to your employees, nor let them find out about your gaming life Dave.

Setting up a site isn't too difficult. The most obvious start is to buy a domain name, then some hosting. This can be pick up all in for aobut £100 a year if your know where to look, and know what you from them. (e.g. language, etc.)

After that you want to use a framework to get the basics in place; something like django (python) or phpnuke (php - used on ps3scotland). Afterwards it's customising things to your liking, installing modules, staying on top of security alerts, etc.

php is the language that most people like, and generally has more frameworks for for forums, etc. (phpnuke is one of many) but imo most of these are flawed and unstructured. Python's less supported on the forum side (although as a language its stronger), but imo a better solution. I'd argue they're both just as easy to learn if you have no experience of these things.

They're easy enough to setup. You could have something run on your computer within a few hours, and with days/weeks (depending on time invested, possibly longer) a good attempt at a website.

I'm sure Dave can consult his experts in a covert way to confirm/deny this.

demonpaulo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gullucks Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:56 pm

demonpaulo wrote:I don't think there's a need to expose your deviant ways to your employees, nor let them find out about your gaming life Dave.

Setting up a site isn't too difficult. The most obvious start is to buy a domain name, then some hosting. This can be pick up all in for aobut £100 a year if your know where to look, and know what you from them. (e.g. language, etc.)

After that you want to use a framework to get the basics in place; something like django (python) or phpnuke (php - used on ps3scotland). Afterwards it's customising things to your liking, installing modules, staying on top of security alerts, etc.

php is the language that most people like, and generally has more frameworks for for forums, etc. (phpnuke is one of many) but imo most of these are flawed and unstructured. Python's less supported on the forum side (although as a language its stronger), but imo a better solution. I'd argue they're both just as easy to learn if you have no experience of these things.

They're easy enough to setup. You could have something run on your computer within a few hours, and with days/weeks (depending on time invested, possibly longer) a good attempt at a website.

mmm I think I smell a volunteer in our midst......Paulo Lord of the One Eyed Python cyclops
Gullucks
Gullucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Calderjambo Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Willing to help and with quite a few holiday in the next few weeks can devote a fair amount of time to it.

My web building is super basic, but I have dabbled with it in the past and can help out if needed.

Here to help, just shout bud. Would rather no tlk about my baws, as I am just back from work and I can smell the feckers from here Embarassed

Calderjambo

Back to top Go down

Post  jockstar Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:22 pm

well said Demon nice post there.
just a small problem wit the fuck were you going on about phpnuke this donger that Shocked you lost me right here

"I don't think there's a need to expose your deviant ways" affraid

will help in anyway i can,but could be pissing against the wind here like. i am allways will to learn study

jockstar

Back to top Go down

Post  davulture Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Just remembered, I'm very good at hitting people with sticks and shouting loudly, if thats any use feel free to ask.

davulture

Back to top Go down

Post  demonpaulo Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Let me see what I can come up with. confused

demonpaulo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:35 am

How does:

bda-scotland.com sound to you chaps?

@ Stu, think it has to be invite only a bit like the OGC. Recommendation only me finks?

Admin
Admin

https://bdascotland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottio Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:22 pm

aye I'd go with BDA-Scotland Doddy.

And I think invite / recommendation only is the best way forward. The OGC kept it tight to stop knobs coming in ... given our experiences, you'd want to do the same. My brother (StumpyUK), cousin (Boozy7), mate (Longblinker) and brother-in-law (RossMu) are all 30+ and part-time gamers. They're no very good at MW2 (and others) so sound like perfect recruit material for swelling the ranks here. If we decide to open to invite, let me know and I'll test the water with them.

Scottio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Going to come up with a plan of action over the weekend fellas. It would be good to get a few chats with the core members soon also, we could even meet somewhere if the need arises.

As soon as the way forward is confirmed and the admin (all those invloved in making the site) are asigned, I will contact all of the remaining BDA and guage their interest. I don't mind how many or how few we start with here. But please ...... no more fence sitting guys. Got a suspicion that things may kick off just shortly (don't worry I'm wearing padded Y-fronts with 2 liners just in case Wink )

Admin
Admin

https://bdascotland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  irontom Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:43 pm

i am BATMAN lol! o sorry BDA ... count me in

irontom

Back to top Go down

Post  mongoface Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Would you like to suck my cock you fucking spazzie mongo faces? cheers

mongoface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum